Sunday 21 September 2008

compo no. 4 ^_^

~ Drug dealers! ~

“YAY! Final year exams are over!” I yelled. I couldn’t be happier, as final year exams were over, and I had scored good marks. I was roller-skating at Yishun Park. “AH!” I exclaimed. In my happiness, I had tripped over a stone, and had fallen over hard. “Oww,” I moaned. Just as I was about to get up, a flash of white caught my eye. Curiosity got the better of me, and I bent down to take a look. Carefully concealed behind a bush was a small white envelope. I picked it up and opened it. Inside was five thousand dollars, and a note. My eyes widened in shock. I took the note out of the envelope and read it. ”Tang, we’ll meet you at the abandoned house at midnight.” What could this mean?

I decided to investigate. That night, my parents were going over to my grandparents house, so it was the perfect time to sneak out. I armed myself with a torch, and a penknife, just in case. At midnight, I crept out of the house, but just in case my parents came back early, I left a decoy in my bed. Then, I crept out of the house, and headed to the old abandoned house.

When I got there, I saw lights on in the house. I went nearer to get a better look. I saw three burly men sitting around a dilapidated table. “I feel high man. Where’s Tang?” one of them asked. This confirmed my suspicions. They were abusing drugs!
Suddenly, a chilly breeze blew past. I sneezed loudly. Achoo! I cursed silently. “What was that? There’s an intruder out side the door! Get him!” they yelled. Once I heard that, I took to my heels. Although I had a headstart, the drug dealers were gaining fast. I ran to the nearest place where there was human activity – the road nearest to the abandoned house. I looked behind me and got the shock of my life. The drug dealers were only about two meters behind me! Fear lent me wings. I started picking up the pace. My lungs were on fire and my legs felt like lead, but I was unrelenting. Finally, the road was in sight! I ran towards the cars, flailing my arms madly. None of them stopped. Just as I had accepted the fact that I was doomed to my fate, I saw a police car heading my way. It skidded to a stop. ”Please help me! I saw some drug dealers and now they’re after me!” I begged. “Get in,” the officer said. I got in and the car sped away. “ Now lad, tell me what happened,” the officer said to me, in a kind voice. I narrated my harrowing experience to the officer. Once they had reached my house, the officer accompanied me to my house, where my frantic parents had been looking everywhere for me. The officer told them what happened, and told me that if I saw or heard anything like this again, I should call the police immediately. This harrowing incident will be etched in my mind forever
.

1 comment:

tsooc said...

Dear Sindhu,

Well done. I really enjoyed reading your story. You can also change the ending a little to improve. If the police heard your story, don't you think that they would have tried to arrest the drug abusers?